Our full 2016-18 Donor Report is available for download!
Since 2000, the Willow Glen Education Foundation has been bringing together parents, faculty, alumni, and corporate donors to supplement funding for public schools in our community. Thanks to your financial support, the foundation is able to provide academic and cultural enrichment at Willow Glen Middle and High Schools.
The Foundation continues to build upon the programs it has supported over the years, while also adding new strategies to reach more students than ever. During the 2018-19 school year, we’re aligning our funding priorities with the program improvement goals set by our schools:
Willow Glen High School Improvement Goals:
• Decrease the opportunity gap
• Improve math skills
• Prepare students for post-graduate success
Willow Glen Middle School Improvement Goals:
• Project Lead the Way elective courses
• Math curriculum and teacher training
• Computer upgrades and software licensing
The Foundation spent more than $115,000 during the 2016-17 school year and $165,000 during the 2017-18 school year to enhance the equipment and training needed to make our student experience better than ever.
How do we do it? Our annual Tasting & Auction in November 2016 raised $70,000; in 2017, the annual Tasting & Auction revenue grew to $95,000. In addition, the Foundation receives a portion of the annual RamStarter campaign.
Please join us in support of these funding goals! We welcome volunteers in all areas, and we invite our community to join us in contributing to our positive school environment.
Join your neighbors and friends! Please consider making a charitable donation to support our kids. All contributions are tax-deductible (Tax ID #46-2106211). If your employer matches donations, please provide us with the information needed to maximize your gift.
Many of our previous Annual Reports are still available for your review:
The Willow Glen Education Foundation prides itself on helping our donors make the biggest impact at Willow Glen Middle School and Willow Glen High School. To make sure our donors’ contributions maximize student achievement, we’ve aligned our 2018-19 funding priorities with program improvement goals established by the schools themselves.
WG High School
For this school year, we intend to direct 75% of our total High School allocations in support of three key action areas identified by WGHS Staff during the successful 2017 WASC Accreditation process:
- Provide support and opportunities to decrease the opportunity gap by raising the success rates for students of greatest needs.
- Improve Math Skills for all students
- Prepare students for post-graduate success through development of academic skills and learning abilities.
The remaining 25% of WGHS will fund other requests that fall within the Mission of the Foundation, but outside of the 2018-2019 Priorities.
WG Middle School
WGMS Staff have identified specific areas for technology enhancements and teacher training that the Foundation will support for 2018-19, including:
- Project Lead the Way elective courses
- Mathematics Curriculum Support and Teacher Training
- Computer Upgrades and Software Licenses for classroom use
Please join us in support of these funding goals! We welcome volunteers in all areas and we invite our community to join us as donors and contributors to our positive school environment.
Thank You for another great party!
The Foundation — and our students and schools — are very fortunate to have a fantastic community of donors and supporters.
Mark your calendars for our 2019 Tasting & Auction! Sunday, November 3, 2019.
‘Thank You’ to our 2018 Sponsors!
Winery – Brewery – Restaurant Partners!
To support the Foundation, please leave a comment below, or contact info@WillowGlenFoundation.org!
The ticket price is deductible to the extent allowed by law (Tax I.D. #46-2106211)
Thanks to our incredible community of volunteers and generous donors, the Willow Glen Foundation is ready to give more money to our local public schools! Our Board of Directors has set a goal of awarding $125,000 in grants and allocations in the 2018-19 school year, supporting science equipment, academic tools, teacher training, library books, classroom supplies, and student activities and experiences.
Of course, we’ll need your help to make sure we raise the money to fund this goal. Ways to help:
- Renew your Foundation Membership for 2018-19, if you haven’t already.
- Volunteer to help with one of our events or fundraising activities. Leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you!
- Join us at a Board Meeting to guide our responses to Principal’s allocation requests.
- Plan to join us for our Annual Tasting & Auction on November 4, 2018.