April 4: Glow Dance Party for WGHS Students & Parents
May 4: San Jose Derby, hosted by the Robby Paine Foundation
May 4: A Night at the Garden Theater, benefiting Willow Glen Cares
The Willow Glen Education Foundation prides itself on helping our donors make the biggest impact at Willow Glen Middle School and Willow Glen High School. To make sure our donors’ contributions maximize student achievement, we’ve aligned our 2018-19 funding priorities with program improvement goals established by the schools themselves.
WG High School
For this school year, we intend to direct 75% of our total High School allocations in support of three key action areas identified by WGHS Staff during the successful 2017 WASC Accreditation process:
- Provide support and opportunities to decrease the opportunity gap by raising the success rates for students of greatest needs.
- Improve Math Skills for all students
- Prepare students for post-graduate success through development of academic skills and learning abilities.
The remaining 25% of WGHS will fund other requests that fall within the Mission of the Foundation, but outside of the 2018-2019 Priorities.
WG Middle School
WGMS Staff have identified specific areas for technology enhancements and teacher training that the Foundation will support for 2018-19, including:
- Project Lead the Way elective courses
- Mathematics Curriculum Support and Teacher Training
- Computer Upgrades and Software Licenses for classroom use
Please join us in support of these funding goals! We welcome volunteers in all areas and we invite our community to join us as donors and contributors to our positive school environment.
Thank You for another great party!
The Foundation — and our students and schools — are very fortunate to have a fantastic community of donors and supporters.
Mark your calendars for our 2019 Tasting & Auction! Sunday, November 3, 2019.
‘Thank You’ to our 2018 Sponsors!
Winery – Brewery – Restaurant Partners!
To support the Foundation, please leave a comment below, or contact info@WillowGlenFoundation.org!
The ticket price is deductible to the extent allowed by law (Tax I.D. #46-2106211)
Thanks to our incredible community of volunteers and generous donors, the Willow Glen Foundation is ready to give more money to our local public schools! Our Board of Directors has set a goal of awarding $125,000 in grants and allocations in the 2018-19 school year, supporting science equipment, academic tools, teacher training, library books, classroom supplies, and student activities and experiences.
Of course, we’ll need your help to make sure we raise the money to fund this goal. Ways to help:
- Renew your Foundation Membership for 2018-19, if you haven’t already.
- Volunteer to help with one of our events or fundraising activities. Leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you!
- Join us at a Board Meeting to guide our responses to Principal’s allocation requests.
- Plan to join us for our Annual Tasting & Auction on November 4, 2018.
With your support, the Foundation’s 2017 Tasting & Auction raised more than $95,000 for our local public schools.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
Sunday, November 4, 2018
WG Public Library
If your local restaurant, brewery, or winery is interested in joining us as an event sponsor our party partner, please leave a comment below, or contact us at Info@WillowGlenFoundation.org!
Continue reading 2017 Tasting & Auction – Sunday, November 5