The Foundation’s first Board Meeting of 2012-13 set the stage for an exciting year. We established ambitious fundraising goals and approved the first round of funding allocations.
Willow Glen High School received $10,000 for critical classroom tools:
- Fifteen iPads and Covers
- Five Document Cameras
- Doceri Software (enabling classroom presentations by connecting iPads with document cameras)
Willow Glen Middle School received $6,800 for a range of tools to support students:
- Motivational Assemblies encouraging students to make good choices and achieve their best
- T-Shirts to recognize Academic Achievement – including improvement in grade point average
- Classroom Materials to support Achievement in Literacy
- Tools to help students better understand and participate in the November election
The Foundation will continue to work hard this year to raise funds to make Willow Glen’s neighborhood public schools the best they can be. The Tasting & Auction is coming up soon – and it’s a great chance to support the Foundation and the schools, and have lots of fun too!