Students will meet the author who will read from and discuss her new book, “Forge”, as well as be available to sign student and classroom copies.
The Willow Glen Foundation has bought copies of both ‘Forge’ and it’s prequel, ‘Chains’ for each 8th grade Language Arts classroom. If your student would like his/her own personal copy, Hicklebees is offering a price of $17 at this event. Other books in Ms. Anderson’s series will also be available in paperback for $7 – $12 each. Students should bring cash or a check payable to Hicklebees.
Ms. Anderson will sign student and classroom books after the assembly. Students who plan to have books signed may be a few minutes late out from school.
Willow Glen Middle School Students Can Attend for Free!
The Willow Glen Foundation has purchased 120 tickets which are available free to WGMS students on a first come first serve basis.
Students can get their free ticket in the WGMS main office Monday, October 11th – Monday, October 18th. Maximum two tickets per student. Each person attending requires a ticket. Rick Riordan will sign one book per person.
The Willow Glen Middle & High School Foundation Celebrates its 10th Anniversary! $100,000 Drive
Since 2000, the Willow Glen Foundation has been a leader in helping make Willow Glen Middle and High Schools destination schools. And we have had many successes: fostering innovative programs, recognizing leadership and supporting excellent teaching. In addition, each year, more and more neighborhood students choose Willow Glen schools for their secondary education.
We’re proud to continue this commitment to make our neighborhood schools the best they can be for everyone – students, teachers, administrators and the wider Willow Glen Community.
This year the Foundation celebrates our tenth anniversary with our most ambitious goal yet: to raise and spend $100,000 this school year! Here’s an overview of our plan.
- Launch a corporate sponsorship initiative with a $25,000 target;
- Build a stronger network among WGHS alumni and ask them to contribution to the WGHS Senior Scholarship Fund;
- Launch a more formal program that asks parents of children at elementary schools that feed into Willow Glen Middle and High Schools to support their future schools;
- Continue to raise funds at our annual “Tasting & Auction” event, from Middle and High School parent contributions and from our very faithful donor base!
In conjunction with school administrators, the Foundation has set a theme to guide our spending for the year: to enhance the school’s “Climate, Culture and Classrooms”. We will award funds to initiatives that help maintain a vibrant school community, encourage respectful students and equip classrooms to optimize learning.
The Foundation has already begun to:
- Schedule assemblies that feature inspirational and educational speakers;
- Purchase cutting-edge education equipment for the High School’s new Science Wing;
- Supply each Middle School classroom with document readers and/or LCD projectors;
- Pay a portion of the cost to send elected student officers to training seminars;
- Refresh classroom and library book collections.
Please become a part of this exciting year by joining one of our committees, attending the Tasting & Auction Event or by making a tax deductable donation.
Please contact Barbara Bremner at 265-6635 or email@example.com for more information.