The Willow Glen Middle & High School Foundation Celebrates its 10th Anniversary! $100,000 Drive
Since 2000, the Willow Glen Foundation has been a leader in helping make Willow Glen Middle and High Schools destination schools. And we have had many successes: fostering innovative programs, recognizing leadership and supporting excellent teaching. In addition, each year, more and more neighborhood students choose Willow Glen schools for their secondary education.
We’re proud to continue this commitment to make our neighborhood schools the best they can be for everyone – students, teachers, administrators and the wider Willow Glen Community.
This year the Foundation celebrates our tenth anniversary with our most ambitious goal yet: to raise and spend $100,000 this school year! Here’s an overview of our plan.
- Launch a corporate sponsorship initiative with a $25,000 target;
- Build a stronger network among WGHS alumni and ask them to contribution to the WGHS Senior Scholarship Fund;
- Launch a more formal program that asks parents of children at elementary schools that feed into Willow Glen Middle and High Schools to support their future schools;
- Continue to raise funds at our annual “Tasting & Auction” event, from Middle and High School parent contributions and from our very faithful donor base!
In conjunction with school administrators, the Foundation has set a theme to guide our spending for the year: to enhance the school’s “Climate, Culture and Classrooms”. We will award funds to initiatives that help maintain a vibrant school community, encourage respectful students and equip classrooms to optimize learning.
The Foundation has already begun to:
- Schedule assemblies that feature inspirational and educational speakers;
- Purchase cutting-edge education equipment for the High School’s new Science Wing;
- Supply each Middle School classroom with document readers and/or LCD projectors;
- Pay a portion of the cost to send elected student officers to training seminars;
- Refresh classroom and library book collections.
Please become a part of this exciting year by joining one of our committees, attending the Tasting & Auction Event or by making a tax deductable donation.
Please contact Barbara Bremner at 265-6635 or email@example.com for more information.